January 26, 2009

Teaching Jewelry Making Classes in Harriman

Hello Everybody! 

I'm just logging on to make a quicky announcement:

Marci at The Pink Cloud Boutique (in Harriman) asked me to teach classes at her shop. 

Yes, I'm teaching classes in the fine art of jewelry making starting February 6th. That's a Friday. It's going to be a very basic wire wrap class to teach the most basic technique used in wire wrap jewelry to link beads together or hang them from things or whatever you want to do to connect something to something. I'll have everyone finish a bracelet by the end of class. 

The class is $15, runs from 7pm - 8:30pm, and there's a $25 materials fee which includes everything you need. Even the tools. Plus there'll be enough beads etc. to make a matching necklace when you get home. 

Oh, and I'm teaching a Peyote Stitch class on the 27th. That one will be earrings by the end of class and is $20 for the class plus $15 for materials - again, everything you need for the class plus enough to make another pair of earrings when you get home. It runs from 6:45-8:45, also on a Friday. 

And those are the classes I'm teaching in February. 

In March (still have to figure out the dates and times I'm available) I'm teaching a Brick Stitch class - earrings made in class - and a Pearl/Bead Knotting class - bracelet made in class. I'll put up the specifics of those as I have the dates and times finalized. 

Gonna try to teach two classes a month until I get too busy with home jewelry parties and craft shows to have time {any help on filling up my time that way is always appreciated;} Of course, I don't know when that might be. Maybe in the Summer, when I have to move out of my apartment in June, and then I plan on heading West in the middle of July; coming back in mid-August only to do another craft show - hopefully. I still have to get the apps in and get accepted... 

And then maybe again in November and December when I hope to be doing a show every weekend and will need to be making things non-stop in between... the plans are not always what happens as you all know, but keep checking back for details as the acceptance letters start rolling in;}

In the meantime, if you live in the Hudson Valley, and might be planning to be going down to the Woodbury Commons anyway... Pink Cloud is just a short drive down Route 17 from there so you might as well sign up for some classes! ;}

Don't forget to leave me a post if you want more info or have requests for classes!

No comments: