February 5, 2008

The Birthdays are ENDLESS!

Been a long day. 


Long week. 


Been making more jewelry than I've had time for in a while. Two I just wanted to make (pictures to come, still have to find time to set up the camera and do them justice) and two I just HAD to make (see one of the pictures on the side). Two 40th birthdays, one I have to miss. 


Unfortunately, it's my sister's. The distance and expense to fly out and the lack of help at the shop conspire to prevent attendance on my part. Very sad. The other was Saturday and the birthday girl looked fabulous. Even more so once she put on the present I made her! I know, but it did look good. 


I had a head full of thoughts last night as I fell asleep. I was looking forward to the writing of the day ahead. Then, after the 4 hours it took to get my sister's necklace just right, it seems that my creative energy flowed completely into the jewelry; effectively erasing every trace of desire to expend more on writing. I can't remember a single thing that floated into my mind last night. So, I'll just leave it on a thought:


It's not a question of aging gracefully; most people just seem more inclined toward graceless aging. Kick, scream and run around. As long as you don't whine about being old and enjoy your life as if you will always have one, people will whisper about your grace until you don't.