February 13, 2008

Blah Blah ART blah Blah Create Blah blah!


I reorganized my beads etc. yesterday. I know. Sounds like FUN! You're all jealous, admit it! 

Had to though; I'd gotten to the point where I was just shoving all my new treasures in anywhere they would fit. I wound up not being able to find anything without taking everything out of every drawer and box... there are a lot of drawers and boxes to look in... and usually just not finding what I wanted at all! So, I decided to take EVERYTHING out (I was ass deep in beads!) and seperate and replace them all in a much more orderly fashion. 


It took most of the day to do it! [I cleaned the apartment first, naturally, but didn't get anything else done.]

Now, if I want my 1930's French Glass, I know where to find it. 1940's and 50's Swarovski? All in one drawer! Vintage German beads? They have 3 consecutive drawers divided by color shades: cool, warm, black/white. Pressed glass buttons? In the drawer with the modern glass beads. Precious metal plated leaves? You get the idea: All the modern is in the right stack, all the vintage in the left. Now, I can find what I'm looking for in half the time! Bring on the custom orders! 

So, since I felt compelled to get that out of the way on the first day of my mid-week weekend, I'm writing this blog entry a day later than my scheduled appearance. Hey. At least I'm writing. 

Hey again; is anyone watching Breaking Bad on AMC? Anyone out there living - or like me, having had lived - in ABQ? Did you see Sunday's episode? I thought the Crossroads got fixed up, it looked worse than I remember it... and that was definitely a Hollywood and Vine street walker and not a Central crack hooer... Noh? 

Just had to throw that in there;}

So, back to topic...

Now that my stash is better organized; I'm finishing this up and then getting straight to work on some more necklaces like the one I made for my sister's 40th (see "recently finished" pic). Though, since the heart shaped rock was found on the banks of the Hudson (and heart shaped river rocks are a little rare from my experience), and the leaves are real ivy coated in Sterling Silver (so each one is a different size and shape), and that particular style of prayer box doesn't seem to be out there anymore, and the chain is mostly vintage (so I'll run out of it soon with no more available to buy); they won't all look exactly like that. Did I mention the vintage station links? Or the hand wrapped Amethyst (birthstone) stamen and gewgah decoration? That always winds up a bit different too... jist? They're all going to be unique. Like most everything I make. 

The one I'm getting ready to work on now - because there is nothing I like to do more on a dark and snowy winter day - is with 14KGF wire, 40's Vintage Gold Plated chain and Brass links, with a 70's Vintage 24K Gold coated Ginko leaf as the center. I have a whitish yellowish river rock I'll use and some 30's Vintage French Glass bead - as yet unchosen - in place of the prayer box. Moonstone and Garnet replaces the Amethyst, and Sugalite and Crazy Lace Agate replaces the Botwana Agate and faceted Quartz Crystal. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get it finished and get a picture up next week. I'm thinking closer to the end of the month for this one though. Lots of other stuff going on that keeps interrupting my jewelry making. Damn and Blast! 

In the meantime, you'll just have to gawk at the one my sister will be wearing after this weekend and then, when you can't stand it anymore, drop a line to ask me to make one for yourself;} [I've got great copper chains and copper coated Carob leaves as well as some Brass stamped leaves to go with the vintage Brass chain I just got... some vintage keys are on the way as well as some cool old stampings... all colors, styles and price ranges accommodated here!] 


So, until then, blog ya next week.