November 26, 2009

Fun in the Dirt!

Oh, Hiddenite was FUN! Digging around in the dirt looking for pretty rocks, what could be better than that? I'm definitely going back next year when I swing back down!

Sorry, no pictures right now; since I'm using someone else's computer and my phone isn't that sophisticated... I didn't find any emeralds but, I did find a sapphire; a dark purple one. Also found some garnets, a black tourmaline, tiny green tourmaline, amazonite, tree agate, green moss agate, red banded jasper, rose quartz, smoky quartz, amethyst, orange calcite, bloodstone, peach moonstone, flourite, blue aventurine, green aventurine, red aventurine, some really great 'just river rocks' and some other stuff I don't know what it is yet, and probably some I just forgot to tell ya.

I sifted through one bucket (where I found the sapphire) and then tooled around the creek a bit. Well, moved big flat rocks into the creek to retrieve a lot of them actually. Found the garnets and moonstone in the creek. Well, the moonstone IN the creek, the garnets next to the creek actually. If I'd had more time, I would have stayed there all day looking through dirt and water!

Even still, in just a couple hours I found a pretty good haul. Which is to say, I have a fairly heavy bag of rocks to take home and clean up and look at and wrap up into pretty jewelry for all ya'll. Looking forward to it in a big way!

Also really looking forward to the reason I came down to GA this week: tomorrow's Jewelry Party at The Next Chapter Bookstore in Griffin, GA (see last entry and the link on the where I'm at in the side bar for details and map). Going to be a beautiful warm, sunny day and a good day for one of a kind bargains in Griffin! Maybe we'll see you there?

So that's going until 7pm and after a good night's sleep, I'm off to Franklin the next morning to sift through dirt once again. Looking for sapphires, rubies, and emeralds ostly. Maybe this time I'll find rubies and emeralds in the dirt? More sapphires would be cool too.

I'll have pictures next week. Probably look like a pile of rocks, but I'll try to get some good close ups of the best finds.

So, hope to see you tomorrow, or in the next week at another event or somewhere on the road... or maybe I'll run into you while looking for pretty rocks?

Hope everyone had a lot to be thankful today!

No comments: