January 19, 2010

It Never Hurts to Help

As many of you know, I sent 10% of last months online sales to Habitat for Humanity ($34 rounded up to $35). A lot of people have seen the ads for texting $10 to the Red Cross to help the people in Haiti, and many of you may have even sent money that way. Well, Habitat is trying to raise money to build shelters for all the homeless people in Haiti and would love it if you could send them $10 (or more if you can) too. Since I sent my donation as open use, hopefully it will be used where it is needed most. However, my small contribution will only go so far. But, as they say: Every little bit helps.

To that end, at the end of this month, I'm sending 10% of all online sales to the Natural Resources Defense Council. They've been fighting to keep our air and water safe and our natural heritage alive for years. It takes a lot to keep on top of all the legislation that will do more harm than good, and to let people know and lobby for legislation that will do more good. So naturally, the NRDC can always use financial help, and the lending of our voices, to do that. So far, I've only raised $4 through online sales, but I have two new online stores and am constantly adding new items to all three shops.

Which is to say, please have a look Here, Here, and Here, so you can see if there's anything that makes you want to help me raise more funding for the NRDC. Oh, and keep in mind, if you order custom work online that will also be counted toward the donation total. Whichever charity I'm donating to that month.

Yes, I am choosing a different charity each month. There are lot of worthwhile causes and efforts that I'd like to support. I do sign petitions and write to representatives, but I'd like to be able to help a little more this year. But I need your help to do it.

So... Thanks for helping out in any way that you can and I hope you'll help me to be able to send in a decent donation to the NRDC at the end of this month... And for help supporting deserving charities all through the coming year.

No comments: