February 23, 2010

Olympic Theme Song Weirdness

Oh, I remembered what else I was going to write yesterday... Keep forgetting to do this since the Beijing Olympics! Seriously can't believe I keep forgetting this... is the suspense killing you yet?

Ok, this is it:

The new Olympics music is actually the theme song from the tv series: The Adventures of Brisco County Junior! You know, with Bruce Campbell? The guy from Evil Dead...

Anyway, I noticed it during the Summer games. Freaked me out because I had just watched the first couple discs of the series (of 8 discs sent from Netflix of course) and I was watching the Olympics and was like, I recognize this music, what the... and when I got the next disc, sure enough. They didn't even change the arrangement much for Beijing. At least for the Winter games they have a better, more Olympic appropriate, arrangement! Oh, and I just read (on Wikipedia) that NBC is using it for baseball too! Apparently, Mr. Edelman has been reselling it since the show went under - I just wasn't watching the type of sports shows it's been used on so didn't notice until they started using it consistently through the Olympics.

Oh, and the Brisco theme song was originally written just for that series. Of course, I hated that theme song. Sped through it in fast forward while I rewatched (and caught the episodes I missed when it originally aired, which were actually most of them). Super cheesy and didn't really fit the show; in my opinion. Have to admit, I do like the new Olympic arrangement though. Much improved, and it fits much better than it did for the series.

So, ya. That's what else I was going to tell you yesterday... As if you care;]

2 comments:

Happy Hound Creative said...

U crack me up!!

is me said...

Hell, I crack me up! ;]