February 26, 2010

Um... Nearly Three Feet of Snow Later...

Ok. It looks like they're clearing the roads pretty good around here, and not much else is sticking, right now, but it hasn't stopped snowing since I wrote my last entry (just before the power shut down temporarily and I didn't bother to turn the computer back on...) yesterday.

Took more than an hour to dig out the front walk and two cars. Wanna see how much snow was on em? Ok:




Was a little worried I might not make it to the last Tight Knit tomorrow. If it snows a lot more tonight, and isn't cleared before I have to leave at 6am (yep, that's when I have to leave to get there by 8am to set up by 9am), then I may not be able to get out of the complex (condo apartments). Though, I am packing the car as soon as I finish writing this just in case. I'm feeling hopeful since it's been pretty warm since we dug out, so there hasn't been any accumulation on the cars or walk since we finished and it's looking clearer all the time.

Well... it looks a bit like this on our deck:


(Phil took that and did the effect on his iPhone. Pretty spiffy, noh?!)


And a bit like this outside, down below:


(This is the road in and out of the compound)


(This is a neighbors car. The only neighbor who didn't come out to play with shovels like the rest of us. We don't know them.)


So, that's the aftermath of the big storm. Unless it gets worse tonight, and not cleared again before I have to leave, I will see you all tomorrow in Troy, at the last Tight Knit Market for the Winter - cause it rained most of the day there!

3 comments:

Happy Hound Creative said...

Think of all the snow (what did you call them?) people you can make with that!!
Good luck on your journey!!

is me said...

The MINIONS! I will resurrect them! Muwahhhaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa cacccaaawughhaaa

I made it to Troy by the way... no problems. Actually only raining up there and not much snow falling on the way in and back. Like a mild normal winter snow day in normal parts of the country where snow falls on a regular basis... We have a freakish cumulative amount in the area we live in though...

The Snow Minions will prevail! :]

BEEEER!

Happy Hound Creative said...

Beer and Minon's!!! Sounds like my kind of party! he he he

Glad you made it to Troy - thanks for following the puppy trail!