October 2, 2009

Art Auction Date Correction with Pictures

Ok, I was wrong. I admit it. I had the dates mixed up. I'm going to blame the Mercury Retrograde.

The correct date for the big art auction is October 17th. From 5pm to 8pm. At Mount Beacon Fine Art. You can start PReviewing (see my mistake) the art tomorrow. Though not all of it will be on display until closer to the auction.

Apparently, most of the artists did not feel the need to be punctual with the delivery of their donation. Hey, I was told to get it there by today, so I did. I'm not bad mouthing anyone... um... I guess I'm just tooting my own horn then... ;]

Anyway... It's a silent auction and the Gallery will be setting minimum bids on all the work so, contact them for info on where you'll need to start to get your hands on my newest, one of a kind (and totally different than anything else I've ever made), necklace. It's going to a good cause and you can bid by phone or e-mail if you can't get to the gallery in person.

This is the necklace I made for the Auction [100% of the proceeds (of MY art - well, Mine and Phil's art - anyway) is going directly to the Audrey Chibbaro Youth in Arts Scholarship Fund]:



The clasp is hand formed...



The original mini watercolor painting was done by Phil Puleo (signed on the back) and is covered by a clear acid free film for protection...




I knitted wire and fiber together with Rose Quartz and Garnets and made the fancy swirly chain all by hand. No jigs for me! Did I mention this is the first time I've made a handmade chain for a necklace (that wasn't just links with beads or stones that is)?

Can't tell you how long it actually is cause, I was in such a hurry to get it made and take pictures and get it delivered (with all publicity materials requested), that I forgot to measure it.

Wait, I might be able to figure it out - pretty close to anyway.

Ok. I know it's longer than 16" because the woven part is 6" long. Each swirl is about an inch and there are 12 of them... let's see... well, it's longer than 18"... each connector is about a quarter inch... so, it's probably closer to 20". You'll have to try it on to see how it actually looks on you though...

Now, get over to Beacon and get those bids in!

Please...

No comments: