October 8, 2009

Why You Should Be in Beacon This Weekend...

So, why should you spend your weekend in Beacon? Well, because I am! Oh, and it's going to be a lot of fun if you do...

Second Saturday is this weekend - when the galleries have most of their art openings, restaurants and bars have special entertainment and the Main Street businesses stay open late. And this 2nd Saturday is going be the last Hudson River Market I'll be at. Maybe the last one in it's current incarnation ever, actually. They're looking to make it a "European Style" Market for next year - which means the handmade arty stuff will be pretty much absent.

So.. this Second Saturday will be your last chance to get some one of a kind and handmade jewelry, clothing, bags and fine art from some of the Hudson Valleys local talent. Well, on the street on Main anyway...

Plus, Sunday, Mount Beacon Fine Art Gallery is hosting a Jewelry Party - with jewelry by Andrea N. (that's me...) - from 2pm to 6pm. Refreshments will be served and I will have 4 tables of jewelry set up so there will be even more one of a kind to choose from than on Saturday. Plus, it's indoors, so I can bring stuff I wouldn't put outside... Though, if the weather is as nice as they say it's supposed to be (Fall Foliage anyone?), I'll probably sell quite a few one of a kind jewelry things on Saturday. So, if you want first dibs on anything I've got, you might want to come see me both days... If you can.

Oh, and I just dropped off some new necklaces at Raindance so you can run over to Beacon Friday if you want to be the first to get one of those. I just created a whole new unique-to-the-store design; all with a Vintage bead as the focus and gemstones on the chain. Since I've only made Sterling jewelry for Kathy's store up til now, and Fall is more of a Gold time of the year, I made 4 of the 7 new necklaces in Gold Fill. It went better with the Fall colors. So, if you're more of a gold person and you like one of these:



(the top four are the Gold Fill) you might want to get down there asap before someone else gets the one(s) you like...

Let's see, lots of art and activities plus special shopping opportunities... perfect weather and gorgeous mountain and river sides full of spectacular Fall color... um... the chance to hang out with great people and enjoy a wonderful weekend... um... um... nope, I think that about covers why Beacon NY is the place to be this second weekend in October.

See you there!

No comments: