October 29, 2009

Movies and Holiday Boutique Mayhem

Ok. I have to say it. Harold and Maude is possibly the best movie ever made. Well, at least right up there in the top 5. It was on last night and even though I've seen it several dozen times before, I still stopped and watched it. And still laughed and got choked up and smiled and sang along and felt that the world would be a better place if everyone was more like Harold and Maude.

Anyone ever seen the black and white autobiographical TV movie Ruth Gordon wrote and played herself in the stage version? I know it was based on her play: Years Ago and apparently is was done by the Ford Theatre Hour. If you can find it: Highly recommended for any fan of Ruth's. You know, it would be her birthday tomorrow...

So, yep.

Movie talk today.

Oh, and I'll be setting up a table in the Eagle Valley Firehouse for the Ladies Auxillary Art and Crafts in the Valley on Sunday. Open to the punters from 10am to 4pm and the ladies will be selling baked good and refreshments... Handcrafted stuff only so it should be a good time.

Got a bunch of new rings and a brand new earring design I will have three pairs of (not quite finished so maybe I'll get the pictures up tomorrow, maybe you'll have to wait until next week...). The new earring design is wire that I wove on a spool with beads on them... I know, tells you nothing really. Well, you'll just have to make the effort on Sunday, if you're close enough, to get over to 14 Scott Mine Road in Tuxedo, NY between 10am & 4pm if you want to see them and maybe get a pair for yourself!

This weekend there will be these three water color paintings by Phil necklaces at Riverwinds Gallery:








Yes. If you read my blog, you've seen the first two before; but the last one is totally new! And yes that first one is the one that was supposed to be auctioned off for the scholarship fund... what can I say. I wasn't able to be there and apparently the weather kept far too many people away... or something. Now it's going to be at Riverwinds. So you can go try it on and buy it there... if you want. And you're close enough to get over to Beacon. You can try on and buy the other ones too... Though, you could have bought them from me for less if you were at Squish last weekend...



No comments: