October 16, 2009

Neither Rain, Nor Snow, Nor Broken Tent...

Well, it looks like my last weekend of outdoor festival and market going for the year will be spent in the snow and sleet and rain under a (hopefully) repaired tent.

Last Saturday the wind ripped the moorings from the ground and hurtled my tent over the top of my tables, bringing another table with it, and broke and bent in several places. I managed to get most of it hammered out and put back together, but one side arm that shattered at the drill point is a little sketchy and the holes in the tent top may or may not have all been found and patched...

And...

It's supposed to snow tonight (depositing up to an inch) and tomorrow morning and then just rain all day after it warms up too much to snow.

None-the-less, it is rain or shine - or snow - at the Fall Foliage Festival in Highland Falls tomorrow. My check was received and, I will be there to try to make my money back and then some - in space number 78!

Hopefully, some of you will come out to see me (and help me warm up) somewhere in front of the West Point main entrance on Main Street (I have some new jewelry:)



and then head north up 9W to Beacon for the auction to benefit the
Audrey Chibbaro Youth in Arts Scholarship Fund! A lot of wonderful artists have donated work for the Auction. Besides the jewelry/watercolor that Phil and I donated, Edie Nadelhaft, Judith Peck and Eileen McTiernen have all donated work. Hopefully some of you can make it to both events.

And that's it for me this weekend. I'll let you know where I'll be next weekend, um, next week...

[Ok, it'll be Squish...]

Right now I'm off to get 200lbs of sand to keep my tent from flying away again!

No comments: